Re: [mythsoc] Guy Gavriel Kay

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2003
      Kay is one of my favorite authors. The Arthurian
      elements in the FIONAVAR
      TAPESTRY didn't bother me, I suppose, because I've always
      been interested in
      all things Arthurian. TIGANA is, IMHO, the best of his stand
      alones, with a unique
      premise and with more of mythic elements than in later books.
      I have my degree
      in history, with my main interest in Medieval, so even though
      the later books aren't
      as gripping as FIONAVAR and TIGANA, I still find them
      enjoyable.
      Btw..have you read RED MOON, BLACK MOUNTAIN by Joy
      Chant?
      There are more than a few similiarites between it and
      TAPESTRY.