Re: [mythsoc] Proper Adaptation

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
      On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 02:36:25PM -0500, spark654@... wrote:
      > Does anyone have examples of film adaptations they would point to and say,
      > "THAT is how an adaptation should be done?"

      _Anne of Green Gables_, the 1985 TV movie with Megan Follows, is one that
      is not strictly faithful to the text but does remain true to the spirit of
      L. M. Montgomery's novel. The current animated cartoon on PBS is another
      story. We caught a few minutes of that while trapped in the bathroom for
      a 2:30-3:00 pm tornado warning this week. EW!