Mars Satellite lost

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 23, 1999
      Paul wrote:

      >This is not appropriate to the list. What does it have to do with
      >mythopoesis, the mythopoeic society, myth, literature, Tolkien, Lewis or
      >Williams?

      Mary's comment on the article has to do with Lewis...as in Out of the
      Silent Planet.

      It is therefore on topic and appropriate to the list.

      Joan
      List Administrator

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 24, 1999
        After all, Lewis wrote a SF novel including a flight to Mars. It seems to me
        that Mary's post was more than just posting of a news story, because she
        implied (because of the context) a fantasy/SF explanation: that the probe had
        been destroyed by Martians. --David Lenander
      • Paul F. Labaki
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 24, 1999
          My appology to all. Apparantly I am alone in my thinking on this one.

          Paul Labaki