Re: Mars Satellite lost

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 23, 1999
      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > Not much use flaming a wet dishrag :)
      >
      > I think Joan might rule on this, to give us guidelines for the future...
      > there are always some who want less, and more to the point, in their e-mail,
      > others who see a list as a place for friendship and chat.
      >
      > I do apologize, Paul. But you know lots of us =are= also interested in sf.
      >
      > Mary S

      I was confused. I thought perhaps you were referring to the Lewis space
      trilogy or the inspired movie, "Malacandra Attacks."

      Berni (Don't read any further! There's an ad creeping up!)
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 23, 1999
        Paul wrote:

        >This is not appropriate to the list. What does it have to do with
        >mythopoesis, the mythopoeic society, myth, literature, Tolkien, Lewis or
        >Williams?

        Mary's comment on the article has to do with Lewis...as in Out of the
        Silent Planet.

        It is therefore on topic and appropriate to the list.

        Joan
        List Administrator

        Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
        List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
      • David Lenander
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 24, 1999
          After all, Lewis wrote a SF novel including a flight to Mars. It seems to me
          that Mary's post was more than just posting of a news story, because she
          implied (because of the context) a fantasy/SF explanation: that the probe had
          been destroyed by Martians. --David Lenander
        • Paul F. Labaki
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 24, 1999
            My appology to all. Apparantly I am alone in my thinking on this one.

            Paul Labaki