Free/Influence

  • spark654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      In a message dated 1/2/03 12:35:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > PS: Sparkplug, don't bother. I already told you I'm taking up your offer
      > not to read you any more. I deleted your e-mails unread, dumped my trash
      > buffer so I wouldn't even be tempted to retrieve them, and have now added
      > you to my kill file so I won't have to see any more of your inanities. I'm
      > free! Free!

      Let's just hope my horrible words don't linger in your mind for a decade
      everytime you read an e-mail. I wouldn't want you having nightmares about
      someone actually disagreeing with you.

      The name's Sparkdog, btw. With reading skills like that, I'm no longer
      surprised at our communication problems.

      Oh, well, you won't be reading this anyway...

      I recently poked through some online galleries of Tolkien art. Its
      interesting to see different painters interpret the books. If I were looking
      at these with zero familiarity with LOTR, I'd think they were illustrations
      to generic fantasy ideas; to me this shows just how deep is Tolkien's
      influence on the fantasy genre. Off the top of my head, I'd guess at least
      90% of currently published fantasy novels descend from Tolkien.

      Sparkdog