Shippey on Tolkien and the movie

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      <A HREF="http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;$sessionid$QVAPP2BCCH1YRQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/opinion/2003/01/02/do0201.xml&sSheet=/portal/2003/01/02/por_right.html">Take courage - things may not be as bad as they seem</A>

      I figure it's worth reading anything Shippey has to say about it.

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        Nice article, and I'm heartened that Shippey agrees with me that "the message
        survives the change of medium." And I was glad he talked about how Tolkien
        handles the sack of Isengard in flashback, since that was a point we
        specifically discussed in my Tolkien class.

        Susan