Re: [mythsoc] Proper Adaptation

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      I said

      There was a good film of PERSUASION (Alan Rickman as Capt. Wentworth)

      This was incorrect; Ciaran Hinds played the Captain.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • juliet@firinn.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
        On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 02:36:25PM -0500, spark654@... wrote:
        > Does anyone have examples of film adaptations they would point to and say,
        > "THAT is how an adaptation should be done?"

        _Anne of Green Gables_, the 1985 TV movie with Megan Follows, is one that
        is not strictly faithful to the text but does remain true to the spirit of
        L. M. Montgomery's novel. The current animated cartoon on PBS is another
        story. We caught a few minutes of that while trapped in the bathroom for
        a 2:30-3:00 pm tornado warning this week. EW!