Anne Perry

  • Joe Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 1999

      >Dropped into Barnes & Noble today and by gosh, crime novelist Anne Perry
      >(Insp. William Pitt Victorian mysteries) has been at it too, with a thick
      >fantasy volume called TATHEA. The publisher seems to be, of all things,
      >connected with the LDS (Mormon) church. Does Perry belong to that faith?
      >>
      >Mary S

      Yes, she's Mormon. She joined that church while she was a secretary in San
      Francisco (I think it was)--anyway, in California. You know her background,
      about the murder in New Zealand, I assume. She went back to England after
      her release from prison, but a few years later became a secretary in
      California. She said in an interview once that she had intellectual
      problems with the Latter Day Saints when she was considering joining, but a
      friend told her just to pray and see what God told her to do. She also said
      that her fellow church members had been understanding about her background.

      --Joe