Re: [mythsoc] Veracity

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      In a message dated 12/31/2002 10:48:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      spark654@... writes:

      > veracity--adherence to the truth; truthfulness.

      Yes, I know what "veracity" means. I wanted to know what it had to do with
      an evaluation of a fictional work. I think Ernest and Anne in later posts
      made a better point by saying that it meant abiding by the canon of Arthurian
      legend. I'm not sure that that's what you meant, though. Were you talking
      about some (possibly non-existent) real model for King Arthur, or were you
      talking about the legends?

    • spark654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > An expectation that Arthurian stories should have some historical veracity
        > seems to me a vain hope. Arthur as we know him is fictional: there's
        > nothing for him to be veracious to.

        I should have made it clear that I was kidding when I said I can't vouch for
        Excalibur's veracity.

        Sparkdog