Re: Jackson & Woods on Return of the King

  • Jan Theodore Galkowski <disneylogic@yaho
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, WendellWag@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 12/27/2002 7:02:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > verba001@t... writes (quoting Elijah Wood):
      >

      > > Frodo, Sam, Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn
      > > will never be the same.
      >
      > Well, I hope so. If the third movie ends with the narration, "And they all
      > lived happily ever after," then Peter Jackson really missed the point of the
      > story.

      Well, I don't think there's much danger of that, as the Frodo-Smeagol/Gollum interplay Jackon is drawing is a gradual awakening of the realization Frodo has after the conclusion of their relationship within Orodruin. The most I think he may say is that extending compassion to someone is a kind of saving act for them.

      --jtg

      [snip]