Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1088

  • spark654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
      In a message dated 12/31/02 3:11:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > > Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
      >
      > As for me, my capsule description was "He =starts out= as a leper and a
      > rapist, and it goes downhill from there."

      LOL. Aw, come on, you left out a whole lot of stuff! Like "He starts out as
      a divorced leper..."!

      You're as bad as Peter Jackson. ;)

      Sparkdog

    • spark654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
        In a message dated 12/31/02 3:11:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > Oh, dear. David, what we need for you and others is some sort of Jackson
        > exorcism rite! Anybody got any ideas?
        >
        > Susan

        A non-stop marathon of Masterpiece Theater and Jane Austen adaptations.
        Jackson's battle scenes will be welcomed with gratitude.

        Sparkdog

      • Steve Schaper
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
          Sparky,
          You are doing yourself a huge disservice by not reading the books.

          You have been looking at a picture of chocolate raspberry truffle cake.
          You have the opportunity to eat the real thing.
        • Douglas A. Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
            David Bratman wrote:

            > But as long as those films aren't going away, I'm not going away.

            Please don't. I myslef don't especially want to get involved in a give and
            take on film evaluation (simply put, my interests lie elsewhere) but I'm
            glad to see you putting in statements on Tolkien, Jackson's films, and art
            (or lack thereof) with which I largely agree.

            Doug A.
          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
              From: <spark654@...>

              > > Oh, dear. David, what we need for you and others is some sort of
              Jackson
              > > exorcism rite! Anybody got any ideas?
              > >
              > > Susan
              > >

              > A non-stop marathon of Masterpiece Theater and Jane Austen adaptations.
              > Jackson's battle scenes will be welcomed with gratitude.

              Don't bet the farm. David and I love the Jane Austen novels and film
              adaptations. They're much more entertaining than Jackson's battle scenes.

              Berni Phillips Bratman
            • juliet@firinn.org
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2003
                On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 03:14:39PM -0500, spark654@... wrote:
                > A non-stop marathon of Masterpiece Theater and Jane Austen adaptations.
                > Jackson's battle scenes will be welcomed with gratitude.

                Hey, don't knock Jane Austen unless you want a battle scene in the
                vicinity of your nose!