Re: Announcement

  • THEODORE SHERMAN
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
      Announcement...no, Mary, none that I can think of; at least none that's
      pertinent to this list. :)

      Ted (the happy father of three)

      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > In a message dated 9/17/99 1:02:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > tedsherman@... writes:
      >
      > > just checked amazon.co.uk, and they have the first book available
      > > (in hb) for 8.79 pounds; as a textual critic, I am very interested in
      > seeing
      > > how
      > > the texts really do differ.
      >
      > Order it! Order it! And then lend it to me :)
      >
      > BY THE WAY, Ted, don't you have an announcement (no, not about Mythlore) to
      > make to this List? Hint, hint?
      >
      > All for this owl,
      > Mary S

      > ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS: Get your ONElist news!
      > Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here:

      Prof. Theodore James Sherman
      6545 Dynasty Drive
      Murfreesboro, TN 37128
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
        Well, Ted, I'd told some of the folks at Mythcon that you were expecting No.
        3. And I for one am happy she's here!
      • Joan Marie Verba
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
          THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:

          >Ted (the happy father of three)

          Announcements of additional Tolkien/Lewis/Williams fans are welcome on the
          list.

          Joan

          Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
          List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2011
            Would you please post this announcement on the Mythsoc Website?

            Simon Tolkien’s THE KING OF DIAMONDS, the second in his Inspector Trave series, was published March 15.  As with THE INHERITANCE, this murder mystery is set in Oxford, the Old Bailey, and Europe and is rooted in events of World War II.  A review of the novel will appear in the fall issue of Mallorn.

            Between us, I had been sent an uncorrected proof version of the novel.  I began reading it Saturday morning and completed it Saturday night.  A true page-turner.

            Mike
          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16, 2011
              Would you please delete the first and third graf & just publish the boldface announcement.  Don’t want to tip my hand.

              Thanks,
              Mike