Harry Potter

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 100 , Sep 17, 1999
      Well, I almost feel like ordering the first book, HARRY POTTER AND THE
      PHILOSOPHER'S STONE, from amazon.co.uk to get it with the =right= name for
      the said object; they seem to have assumed American readers were dunces.

      Also I am wondering if the peculiar dialect spoken by Hagrid is the same in
      the English version. It doesn't resemble -any- dialect I've ever come across
      in books from either side of the pond, and I wondered if the editors had
      tried to tidy up Hagrid's speech for the American reader.

      All for this owl,

      Mary S
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni