Rohan

  • David Westlake
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
      I am curious if anyone out there found the men of Rohan to less valiant in the movie than in the book. I liked King Theodin's melancholic self-questioning in the movie, but I just always imagined him to be a little more bold and daring.

      David Westlake

    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
        In a message dated 12/19/2002 8:13:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        trekking@... writes:

        > I liked King Theodin's melancholic self-questioning in the movie, but I just
        > always imagined him to be a little more bold and daring.

        And kinder -- yes. This Theoden reads a bit more like Denethor than like the
        Theoden we know from the novel (another change about which I was very
        apprehensive, which didn't bother me as much as I thought it would on
        screen).

        Susan

      • Randall Eicher
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
          > I am curious if anyone out there found the men of Rohan to less valiant in
          the movie than in the book. I liked King Theodin's melancholic
          self-questioning in the movie, but I just always imagined him to be a little
          more bold and daring.

          > David Westlake

          I would agree, I found the portrayal of them in the movie far less heroic
          than in the books.

          Randall Eicher