Wendell in Oz?

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 1999
      Oh for heaven's sake, Wendell, how exciting! Please tell us more.

      That's all for this owl,
      Mary S
    • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 1999
        I went to Worldcon in Melbourne, and now I'm with a group of fans touring Australia till the 26th. Lisa and I talked briefly in Melbourne. Lisa, I see that you're back home now.

        Wendell Wagner
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 1999
          Yes, Lisa was in Oz, too. We did our tour of Australia before the convention
          with a bunch of fans, thus having Little Harold only miss four days of
          school. Understandable since this was a trip to Australia! So we were back
          right after the con. Boy is it weird to take off at 10 pm and arrive at 3 pm
          on the same day and know that it was a 12 hour flight! Let's hear it for
          International Date Lines.

          It was fun running into Wendell and other US fans in Australia. It was even
          more fun running into some costuming people I only knew through e-mail who
          were Aussies! We got to compare costumes up close for probably the only time!

          I'd make you all jealous with the details, just will say that Sidney,
          Cairns, Alice Springs, and Uluru (Ayers Rock) are interesting places to
          visit. I'm glad I did it once. But Big Harold got sick and was less
          enthusiastic. So we'll probably stick to the US for a while. It has some
          gorgeous interesting scenery we haven't visited yet, too! And it is cheaper
          for us to visit since we live here.

          Unlike Wendell, I only bothered with the Internet Cafe at the convention,
          only did it once, and only used an alternate account I use when traveling.
          It's on Yahoo and you can always get to Yahoo through a web browser system
          <g>. It was fun sending e-mail from a WorldCon however. Boy, did Jenevieve
          get jealous!

          Mythically yours,

          Lisa