Re: [mythsoc] IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR USED BOOKS

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
      In a message dated 12/10/2002 8:24:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > I find that it's much harder to let go of the book once I have it in my
      > hand. Therefore, I am much more likely to buy it, rather than looking at a
      > pic of it at an online bookstore. Of course, if it's a title I've been
      > looking for (such as that last Daniel Hood title I haven't been able to
      > find), I'm in trouble, even on line. ---djb

      Hmmm.... I have a different condition. If it's online and reasonably
      affordable, and a topic/title that I want, I may not be able to resist buying
      it. In person, I can open the book and flip through it and often it's not
      really what I want. I am getting better but I have bought many things online
      (books and other things) that I would have been able to resist in person.

      There are usually way more choices online than in any one bookstore, too, so
      even as I get better at resisting, I can always keep plugging more things
      into the search engine and find more temptations. All too often in a
      bookstore, I consult my list and can't find most of the titles.

      Who is Daniel Hood?

      Lizzie