Re: [mythsoc] slogans

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9 12:36 PM
      There is also the T-shirt "Quantum Mechanic" which shows two scientists
      looking under the "hood" of an atom. I believe it was originally an
      S.Harris cartoon. I have another Harris t which goes "Space is Big"
      "Space is Dark" "It's hard to find" "A Place to Park" "Burma Shave"
      (each sign stuck on it's own asteroid). Yes, I collect his t's and
      books, they're fun!

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

      Croft, Janet B wrote:

      >My husband, who has a physics deegree, used to have a bumper sticker reading
      >"Beware of quantum ducks! Quark quark!" It was a bit surreal...

    • tghsaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9 5:29 PM
        I'm not sure how this got started, but, hey, I'll throw one in! Back during the days of the federally mandated 55 mph speed limit, there was:

        "186,000 miles per second: It's not just a good idea--It's the law!"

        BTW, today's the birthday of an online buddy of mine who's a geologist--I'll have to pass the Gondwanaland one on to her as a present. 8-)

        --Trudy