RE: [mythsoc] slogans

  • Croft, Janet B
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
      My husband, who has a physics deegree, used to have a bumper sticker reading
      "Beware of quantum ducks! Quark quark!" It was a bit surreal...

      Janet

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
        There is also the T-shirt "Quantum Mechanic" which shows two scientists
        looking under the "hood" of an atom. I believe it was originally an
        S.Harris cartoon. I have another Harris t which goes "Space is Big"
        "Space is Dark" "It's hard to find" "A Place to Park" "Burma Shave"
        (each sign stuck on it's own asteroid). Yes, I collect his t's and
        books, they're fun!

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa

        Croft, Janet B wrote:

        >My husband, who has a physics deegree, used to have a bumper sticker reading
        >"Beware of quantum ducks! Quark quark!" It was a bit surreal...

      • tghsaw
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
          I'm not sure how this got started, but, hey, I'll throw one in! Back during the days of the federally mandated 55 mph speed limit, there was:

          "186,000 miles per second: It's not just a good idea--It's the law!"

          BTW, today's the birthday of an online buddy of mine who's a geologist--I'll have to pass the Gondwanaland one on to her as a present. 8-)

          --Trudy