Re: [mythsoc] IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR USED BOOKS

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2002
      In a message dated 12/7/2002 7:09:32 PM Central Standard Time,
      lisa@... writes:

      > This is obviously spam, since one of my other groups got the same e-mail
      > message. He used a slightly different e-mail address for that group.
      > Definitely fishy.

      Fishy Spam? Wotta thought! :)

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
          In a message dated 12/10/2002 8:24:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          dianejoy@... writes:

          > I find that it's much harder to let go of the book once I have it in my
          > hand. Therefore, I am much more likely to buy it, rather than looking at a
          > pic of it at an online bookstore. Of course, if it's a title I've been
          > looking for (such as that last Daniel Hood title I haven't been able to
          > find), I'm in trouble, even on line. ---djb

          Hmmm.... I have a different condition. If it's online and reasonably
          affordable, and a topic/title that I want, I may not be able to resist buying
          it. In person, I can open the book and flip through it and often it's not
          really what I want. I am getting better but I have bought many things online
          (books and other things) that I would have been able to resist in person.

          There are usually way more choices online than in any one bookstore, too, so
          even as I get better at resisting, I can always keep plugging more things
          into the search engine and find more temptations. All too often in a
          bookstore, I consult my list and can't find most of the titles.

          Who is Daniel Hood?

          Lizzie