Re: [mythsoc] IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR USED BOOKS

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2002
      Excuse me -

      This is obviously spam, since one of my other groups got the same e-mail
      message. He used a slightly different e-mail address for that group.
      Definitely fishy.

      Joan, you know what to do.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2002
        That is too bad. I saw the same notice in my old mail recently, and had
        meant to check it out. So it wasn't really a member reference?

        BTW I am in the process of converting to earthlink. I notified yahoogroups
        on the official page but it hadn't caught up yet last I checked. IN Case
        anyone wants my new and correct address it will be on future posts but anyway
        it's

        lizziewriter@...

        Further on the used book topic... it's fun to browse online but isn't it
        wonderful to go and fondle them in person? lol

        Lizzie

      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2002
          In a message dated 12/7/2002 7:09:32 PM Central Standard Time,
          lisa@... writes:

          > This is obviously spam, since one of my other groups got the same e-mail
          > message. He used a slightly different e-mail address for that group.
          > Definitely fishy.

          Fishy Spam? Wotta thought! :)

          Diamond Proudbrook

        • dianejoy@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
            That is too bad. I saw the same notice in my old mail recently, and had
            meant to check it out. So it wasn't really a member reference?

            BTW I am in the process of converting to earthlink. I notified yahoogroups
            on the official page but it hadn't caught up yet last I checked. IN Case
            anyone wants my new and correct address it will be on future posts but
            anyway
            it's

            lizziewriter@...

            __________________________________

            Congrats to converting to the best of ISPs. Notice that I am also an
            Earthlinker. :)

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • ERATRIANO@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2002
              In a message dated 12/10/2002 8:24:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              dianejoy@... writes:

              > I find that it's much harder to let go of the book once I have it in my
              > hand. Therefore, I am much more likely to buy it, rather than looking at a
              > pic of it at an online bookstore. Of course, if it's a title I've been
              > looking for (such as that last Daniel Hood title I haven't been able to
              > find), I'm in trouble, even on line. ---djb

              Hmmm.... I have a different condition. If it's online and reasonably
              affordable, and a topic/title that I want, I may not be able to resist buying
              it. In person, I can open the book and flip through it and often it's not
              really what I want. I am getting better but I have bought many things online
              (books and other things) that I would have been able to resist in person.

              There are usually way more choices online than in any one bookstore, too, so
              even as I get better at resisting, I can always keep plugging more things
              into the search engine and find more temptations. All too often in a
              bookstore, I consult my list and can't find most of the titles.

              Who is Daniel Hood?

              Lizzie