slogans

  • Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2002
      Mary, Wendell, Janet et al,

      Here in Colorado, some geologist friends of mine had a bumper sticker that
      read, "Reunite Gondwonaland!" Most people who saw it never asked what it
      was about for fear of getting hauled into a political harrangue, but a few
      had fits of laughter right there in the parking lot.

      Jane
    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
        My husband, who has a physics deegree, used to have a bumper sticker reading
        "Beware of quantum ducks! Quark quark!" It was a bit surreal...

        Janet

        Here in Colorado, some geologist friends of mine had a bumper sticker that
        read, "Reunite Gondwonaland!" Most people who saw it never asked what it
        was about for fear of getting hauled into a political harrangue, but a few
        had fits of laughter right there in the parking lot.

        Jane

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17050202
        27:HM/A=1327986/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870027;7586687;a?http://
        www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1327986/rand=713967166>

        <http://www.mythsoc.org>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
          There is also the T-shirt "Quantum Mechanic" which shows two scientists
          looking under the "hood" of an atom. I believe it was originally an
          S.Harris cartoon. I have another Harris t which goes "Space is Big"
          "Space is Dark" "It's hard to find" "A Place to Park" "Burma Shave"
          (each sign stuck on it's own asteroid). Yes, I collect his t's and
          books, they're fun!

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa

          Croft, Janet B wrote:

          >My husband, who has a physics deegree, used to have a bumper sticker reading
          >"Beware of quantum ducks! Quark quark!" It was a bit surreal...

        • tghsaw
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
            I'm not sure how this got started, but, hey, I'll throw one in! Back during the days of the federally mandated 55 mph speed limit, there was:

            "186,000 miles per second: It's not just a good idea--It's the law!"

            BTW, today's the birthday of an online buddy of mine who's a geologist--I'll have to pass the Gondwanaland one on to her as a present. 8-)

            --Trudy