RE: [mythsoc] Gleick wot?

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2002
      Almond bread sounds like it would be absolutely wonderful. I wonder if I
      can manage to get some for the holidays at my downtown bakery, Servarti's.

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2002
        No, no, you want homemade. Heaps of work (my mom learned from the little old
        lady next door, and I dread trying to learn) but maybe available in a swap or
        at a holiday bake sale...

        Lizzie

      • alexeik@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 6, 2002
          In a message dated 12/6/2 12:14:14 PM, Wendell wrote:

          <<Well, actually this only works right in
          German or Yiddish. In Dutch/Flemish (which would apply where I bought the
          stuff), the word for "almond bread" is something very close to this but
          slightly different.>>

          _Amandelbrood_. :-)
          Alexei