Re: [mythsoc] Lord of the Rings offerings

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      You ask, Were they unabridged recordings of the novels?

      They might well be. The readings by Rob Inglis are commercially available,
      and they are the full text.

      The only caution is, people sometimes get this edition confused with one of
      the two audio dramatizations of the story, which are also commercially
      available. But careful inspection of the box should reveal what you're
      holding.

      - David Bratman

      At 01:11 PM 12/5/2002 , Joan wrote:
      >I was in the Barnes and Noble today, getting a gift certificate for my
      >brother-in-law's birthday, when I noticed a display of boxes with
      >Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, Return of the King and Lord of
      >the Rings. Since they didn't seem tall enough to be novels, I asked the
      >associate what they were. She said that they were CD recordings of the
      >novels.
      >
      >My question: anyone know anything about these? If they're completely
      >(and I mean completely) unabridged, I would be interested in purchasing
      >them.
      >
      >Also: if anyone has any knowledge of any more upcoming Two Towers movie
      >specials on TV, please send the information to the list.
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
        "David S. Bratman" wrote:

        > You ask, Were they unabridged recordings of the novels?
        >
        > They might well be. The readings by Rob Inglis are commercially available,
        > and they are the full text.

        After reading this, I checked out the set on Amazon.com and what I saw
        at Barnes and Noble was indeed the unabridged edition by Rob Inglis.

        Thanks!
        Joan
        Joan Marie Verba
        verba001@...