Lord of the Rings offerings

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      I was in the Barnes and Noble today, getting a gift certificate for my
      brother-in-law's birthday, when I noticed a display of boxes with
      Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, Return of the King and Lord of
      the Rings. Since they didn't seem tall enough to be novels, I asked the
      associate what they were. She said that they were CD recordings of the
      novels.

      My question: anyone know anything about these? If they're completely
      (and I mean completely) unabridged, I would be interested in purchasing
      them.

      Also: if anyone has any knowledge of any more upcoming Two Towers movie
      specials on TV, please send the information to the list.

      Thank you.
      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
        You ask, Were they unabridged recordings of the novels?

        They might well be. The readings by Rob Inglis are commercially available,
        and they are the full text.

        The only caution is, people sometimes get this edition confused with one of
        the two audio dramatizations of the story, which are also commercially
        available. But careful inspection of the box should reveal what you're
        holding.

        - David Bratman

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
          "David S. Bratman" wrote:

          > You ask, Were they unabridged recordings of the novels?
          >
          > They might well be. The readings by Rob Inglis are commercially available,
          > and they are the full text.

          After reading this, I checked out the set on Amazon.com and what I saw
          at Barnes and Noble was indeed the unabridged edition by Rob Inglis.

          Thanks!
          Joan
          Joan Marie Verba
          verba001@...