Re: [mythsoc] Build your own Hobbit Hole

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
      At 12:00 PM 12/2/2002 , Lisa Deutsch Harrigan wrote:
      >SusanPal@... wrote:
      >
      >>Wait a minute -- a Hobbit Hole with a *garage*?
      >>
      >Sure you have to have someplace to keep the horse and cart! "Garages"
      >have been around for centuries. Still a more modern h&c, ie my car,
      >would be more useful.

      There are a fair number of above-ground barn-like buildings in Hobbiton,
      according to Tolkien's drawing "The Hill: Hobbiton-across-The-Water," which
      could easily have been used as garages in the sense Lisa means.

      - David Bratman
    • Paul F. Labaki
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
        Surely radon must be a substance unknown to hobbit science in the Third Age,
        so I can't see Merry writing a treatise on smial radon mitigation. If
        Saruman were to be consulted, he might know a thing or two on the subject.

        Peace,
        Paul Labaki