Re: [mythsoc] Build your own Hobbit Hole

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
      SusanPal@... wrote:

      >Wait a minute -- a Hobbit Hole with a *garage*?

      Sure you have to have someplace to keep the horse and cart! "Garages"
      have been around for centuries. Still a more modern h&c, ie my car,
      would be more useful.

      Would need more space for my library, computers and stuff. Still it is a
      nice start. Now all I need is a hill...

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa
    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
        Also needs more fireplaces, not just in the kitchen. What's a zen room
        without a fireplace, I ask you?

        And one would have to deal with the issue of radon buildup, as with any
        underground house. But I still wants one!

        Janet

        >Wait a minute -- a Hobbit Hole with a *garage*?

        Sure you have to have someplace to keep the horse and cart! "Garages"
        have been around for centuries. Still a more modern h&c, ie my car,
        would be more useful.

        Would need more space for my library, computers and stuff. Still it is a
        nice start. Now all I need is a hill...

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2658116.4039490.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17050202
        27:HM/A=1341247/R=0/*https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/yh/grp/300_mapG/g22lp?Targe
        t=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233351.2658116.4039490.1925585/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1341247/rand=549242885>

        <http://www.mythsoc.org>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
          At 12:00 PM 12/2/2002 , Lisa Deutsch Harrigan wrote:
          >SusanPal@... wrote:
          >
          >>Wait a minute -- a Hobbit Hole with a *garage*?
          >>
          >Sure you have to have someplace to keep the horse and cart! "Garages"
          >have been around for centuries. Still a more modern h&c, ie my car,
          >would be more useful.

          There are a fair number of above-ground barn-like buildings in Hobbiton,
          according to Tolkien's drawing "The Hill: Hobbiton-across-The-Water," which
          could easily have been used as garages in the sense Lisa means.

          - David Bratman
        • Paul F. Labaki
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
            Surely radon must be a substance unknown to hobbit science in the Third Age,
            so I can't see Merry writing a treatise on smial radon mitigation. If
            Saruman were to be consulted, he might know a thing or two on the subject.

            Peace,
            Paul Labaki