[mythsoc] Experiment in Criticism

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2002
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      From: ERATRIANO@...
      Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:07:37 EST
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Aragorn and kingship, and kingship elsewhere

      <<Uh-oh, guilty, guilty, guilty (ah, Friedman's Merentha, among others). >>

      And who is this, pray tell? I am morbidly curious.

      <<I suspect reading said Experiment will only flog my conscience, but where
      is it anyway? I haven't heard of that title before... whose is it, etc.?>>

      C. S. Lewis wrote *Experiment in Criticism.* It's a tiny book, but as with
      all Lewis, full of good treasures. You should be able to find it at your
      local library, or in a good used bookstore. Highly recommended. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2002
        In a message dated 11/21/2002 10:54:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        dianejoy@... writes:

        > And who is this, pray tell? I am morbidly curious.

        You may have seen C.S. Friedman's Coldfire books, _Black Sun Rising_ (the
        cover art was very popular), _When True Night Falls_ and _Crown of Shadows_.
        The guy on the cover (not my image of him tho) is Merentha. Woo hoo hoo, he
        can drain my life force anytime...

        Lizzie