Re: Illustrated Silmarillion

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
      I believe Joan means the one illustrated by Ted Naismith (sp?). I have
      a distinct memory of buying that for David for either our wedding
      anniversary (June) or his birthday (March).

      Berni

      > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
      >
      > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
      > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      > >
      > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
      > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
      > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
      > >
      > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
      > >
      > >Joan
      >
      > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
      > possibly another.
      >
      > --Steve
    • Steve Schaper
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
        At 3:02 PM -0500 9/16/99, THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:
        >From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
        >
        >Joan and Steve,
        >
        >Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
        >Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
        >book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
        >0395939461.
        >
        >Yours,
        >
        >Ted

        Could be. I've only lusted after it in bookstores. I don't actually
        have it yet.

        --Steve
        ======================================
        It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
      • Edith Louise Crowe
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
          Joan, I agree with Ted--you're probably thinking of the Ted Nasmith
          illustrated edition, which came out almost a year ago. Since the average
          bookstore doesn't hang onto things very long, they probably just didn.t
          have any left. You won't be sorry if you buy it, and Amazon.com has it for
          only $24.50--a bargain.

          Edith