Re: Illustrated Silmarillion

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
      I believe Joan means the one illustrated by Ted Naismith (sp?). I have
      a distinct memory of buying that for David for either our wedding
      anniversary (June) or his birthday (March).

      Berni

      > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
      >
      > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
      > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      > >
      > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
      > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
      > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
      > >
      > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
      > >
      > >Joan
      >
      > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
      > possibly another.
      >
      > --Steve
    • THEODORE SHERMAN
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
        Joan and Steve,

        Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
        Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
        book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
        0395939461.

        Yours,

        Ted

        Steve Schaper wrote:

        > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
        >
        > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
        > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
        > >
        > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
        > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
        > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
        > >
        > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
        > >
        > >Joan
        >
        > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
        > possibly another.
        >
        > --Steve
        > ======================================
        > It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?

        > http://www.onelist.com/ad/gator1

        Prof. Theodore James Sherman
        6545 Dynasty Drive
        Murfreesboro, TN 37128
      • Steve Schaper
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
          At 3:02 PM -0500 9/16/99, THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:
          >From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
          >
          >Joan and Steve,
          >
          >Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
          >Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
          >book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
          >0395939461.
          >
          >Yours,
          >
          >Ted

          Could be. I've only lusted after it in bookstores. I don't actually
          have it yet.

          --Steve
          ======================================
          It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
        • Edith Louise Crowe
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
            Joan, I agree with Ted--you're probably thinking of the Ted Nasmith
            illustrated edition, which came out almost a year ago. Since the average
            bookstore doesn't hang onto things very long, they probably just didn.t
            have any left. You won't be sorry if you buy it, and Amazon.com has it for
            only $24.50--a bargain.

            Edith