Re: Illustrated Silmarillion

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16 10:53 AM
      I believe Joan means the one illustrated by Ted Naismith (sp?). I have
      a distinct memory of buying that for David for either our wedding
      anniversary (June) or his birthday (March).

      Berni

      > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
      >
      > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
      > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      > >
      > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
      > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
      > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
      > >
      > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
      > >
      > >Joan
      >
      > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
      > possibly another.
      >
      > --Steve
    • Steve Schaper
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16 11:42 AM
        At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
        >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
        >
        >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
        >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
        >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
        >
        >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
        >
        >Joan

        Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
        possibly another.

        --Steve
        ======================================
        It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
        ======================================
      • THEODORE SHERMAN
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16 1:02 PM
          Joan and Steve,

          Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
          Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
          book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
          0395939461.

          Yours,

          Ted

          Steve Schaper wrote:

          > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
          >
          > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
          > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
          > >
          > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
          > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
          > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
          > >
          > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
          > >
          > >Joan
          >
          > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
          > possibly another.
          >
          > --Steve
          > ======================================
          > It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?

          > http://www.onelist.com/ad/gator1

          Prof. Theodore James Sherman
          6545 Dynasty Drive
          Murfreesboro, TN 37128
        • Steve Schaper
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16 2:03 PM
            At 3:02 PM -0500 9/16/99, THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:
            >From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
            >
            >Joan and Steve,
            >
            >Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
            >Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
            >book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
            >0395939461.
            >
            >Yours,
            >
            >Ted

            Could be. I've only lusted after it in bookstores. I don't actually
            have it yet.

            --Steve
            ======================================
            It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
          • Edith Louise Crowe
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16 5:37 PM
              Joan, I agree with Ted--you're probably thinking of the Ted Nasmith
              illustrated edition, which came out almost a year ago. Since the average
              bookstore doesn't hang onto things very long, they probably just didn.t
              have any left. You won't be sorry if you buy it, and Amazon.com has it for
              only $24.50--a bargain.

              Edith