Re: Illustrated Silmarillion

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
      I believe Joan means the one illustrated by Ted Naismith (sp?). I have
      a distinct memory of buying that for David for either our wedding
      anniversary (June) or his birthday (March).

      Berni

      > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
      >
      > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
      > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      > >
      > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
      > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
      > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
      > >
      > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
      > >
      > >Joan
      >
      > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
      > possibly another.
      >
      > --Steve
    • Steve Schaper
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
        At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
        >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
        >
        >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
        >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
        >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
        >
        >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
        >
        >Joan

        Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
        possibly another.

        --Steve
        ======================================
        It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
        ======================================
      • Joan Marie Verba
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
          I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
          about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
          couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.

          Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?

          Joan

          Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
          List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
        • THEODORE SHERMAN
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
            Joan and Steve,

            Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
            Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
            book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
            0395939461.

            Yours,

            Ted

            Steve Schaper wrote:

            > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
            >
            > At 12:56 PM -0600 9/16/99, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
            > >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
            > >
            > >I went to Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore this morning, and asked
            > >about the illustrated Silmarillion. They said they didn't have it, and
            > >couldn't find it in Books in Print, but said they would watch for it.
            > >
            > >Isn't this book already out? Or was I mistaken?
            > >
            > >Joan
            >
            > Illustrated by whom? I've seen one with paintings by Allan Lee and
            > possibly another.
            >
            > --Steve
            > ======================================
            > It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?

            > http://www.onelist.com/ad/gator1

            Prof. Theodore James Sherman
            6545 Dynasty Drive
            Murfreesboro, TN 37128
          • Steve Schaper
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
              At 3:02 PM -0500 9/16/99, THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:
              >From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
              >
              >Joan and Steve,
              >
              >Are you talking about the edition illustrated by Ted Nasmith? After seeing
              >Ted's wonderful paintings at Mythcon this year, I immediately ordered the
              >book from Amazon.com and received it within a few days. The isbn is
              >0395939461.
              >
              >Yours,
              >
              >Ted

              Could be. I've only lusted after it in bookstores. I don't actually
              have it yet.

              --Steve
              ======================================
              It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
            • Edith Louise Crowe
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
                Joan, I agree with Ted--you're probably thinking of the Ted Nasmith
                illustrated edition, which came out almost a year ago. Since the average
                bookstore doesn't hang onto things very long, they probably just didn.t
                have any left. You won't be sorry if you buy it, and Amazon.com has it for
                only $24.50--a bargain.

                Edith