Re: Brooks clone?

  • Diane Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 1999

      > " (Peter David has a wonderful anecdote of hearing a kid in a bookstore tell
      > his friend not to bother with "Lord of the Rings" because "it's a Terry
      > Brooks ripoff.") "
      >
      > Mary S

      Ack! Guess it had to happen, but I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
      Will have to send this off to my friend Hal, but I hate to see his
      reaction; he may come to Peter David's, interrogate for a while and
      *hunt that kid down!* Understand, Hal is 6'2" and works out to keep in
      shape. He's not Schwartzenneger, but to a little kid, he could be
      intimidating. I can hear him now: "What do you MEAN, Terry Brooks
      ripoff??"