Tuck Everlasting

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2002
      I saw this new Disney film over the weekend and enjoyed it.
      Curiously, it touched upon a subject of special interest to many
      Tolkien fans: what is it like to become weary of immortality?

      I am well aware of how many long-time Internet Tolkien fans view
      Disney films with disdain. Well, regardless of what you think about
      Disney movies in general, it's a rare film indeed which tackles such
      an obscure topic. I think anyone who is curious about how Tolkien
      envisioned his Elves' "world-weariness" should see this movie.