[Fwd: interpreting the Delphic LeGuin]

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
      To add one possible mitigating factor about LeGuin's comment, we
      don't know what the editor did with the interview, do we? I mean, she
      might have said, "Mine!" and chuckled, then gone off on a tangent
      about something she liked which did not yield any interesting quotes
      for the article, so that the editor then decided it made better
      reading to just break off her response at the first word.

      At any rate, I agree with whoever said that the tone of voice would
      make a big difference how to interpret that response.

      Pauline
    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
        And remember that Tolkien once gave as a reason for writing that he had run
        out of the sort of stuff he wanted to read and decided to write some
        himself!

        Janet

        To add one possible mitigating factor about LeGuin's comment, we
        don't know what the editor did with the interview, do we? I mean, she
        might have said, "Mine!" and chuckled, then gone off on a tangent
        about something she liked which did not yield any interesting quotes
        for the article, so that the editor then decided it made better
        reading to just break off her response at the first word.

        At any rate, I agree with whoever said that the tone of voice would
        make a big difference how to interpret that response.

        Pauline

        <http://www.mythsoc.org>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Joan Marie Verba