Re: White Query

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
      For T.H. White scholarship, I'd look at an Arthurian journal I used
      to know -- it was called Quondam et Futurus when I published an
      article in it, but it merged with another Arthurian journal and I
      think the combined name is Arthurian Interpretations. I am almost
      certain that my grad school mentor Alan Lupack wrote about THE ONCE
      AND FUTURE KING. Try the Camelot Project website of the University of
      Rochester Library System.
      http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/acpbibs/bibhome.stm

      Pauline J. Alama
      THE EYE OF NIGHT
      Bantam Spectra 2002

      In mythsoc@y..., SusanPal@a... wrote:
      > Hello! Does anyone know if Tolkien ever read THE ONCE AND FUTURE
      KING? (I'd
      > imagine that he didn't, since he was so unenthusiastic about
      literature after
      > Chaucer, but wondered if anyone knows for sure.) Or, better yet,
      does anyone
      > know of articles dealing with with TOAFK and LOTR? It strikes me
      that there
      > are certain similarities (treatment of epic and of a British
      mythology,
      > etc.), although certainly there are also plenty of differences.
      >
      > Do any scholars work on White? I loved TOAFK when I was growing
      up -- and my
      > parents, who haven't read JRRT, both love it too, even though they
      don't
      > consider themselves fantasy fans -- but I never seem to hear people
      talk
      > about it. Perhaps it's been too tarred with the "Camelot" brush?
      I took a