Interesting site

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 1999
      <A HREF="http://www.a1.com/sfbooks/rev1.html">Click here: FANTASTIC
      COLLECTIBLES MAGAZINE</A>

      With mentions of Cabell, of Tolkien, of "Horvendile," etc etc. and the
      memorable quote

      " (Peter David has a wonderful anecdote of hearing a kid in a bookstore tell
      his friend not to bother with "Lord of the Rings" because "it's a Terry
      Brooks ripoff.") "

      Mary S
    • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 1999
        In a message dated 9/16/99 7:23:34 AM E. Australia Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > Peter David has a wonderful anecdote of hearing a kid in a bookstore tell
        > his friend not to bother with "Lord of the Rings" because "it's a Terry
        > Brooks ripoff.

        I suspect this is an urban legend, like a well-known story about someone
        young shopping in a music store who picks up a Beatles CD and says, "You mean
        Paul McCartney was in a group before Wings?"