Rhys-Davies et al.

  • d.bratman@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 1999
      Mary S wrote:

      >Ted, if R-D was born in 1944, he's a lot older than Boromir would be...
      >though casting decisions seem very flexible wrt age.

      Boromir was 40, though he should perhaps look a little younger, because
      of that touch of Numenorean blood.

      Frodo was, as Ted observes, older than 22. He was 50, but he should
      probably be thought of, in human terms, as being about 35. I find it
      useful, rather in the manner of calculating Dog Years, to understand
      hobbit psychology a bit better by the trick of mentally multiplying their
      ages by .7 or .75. The average hobbit lifespan of 100 becomes 70-75,
      Frodo becomes in his late 30s, the unusually high "coming of age" of 33
      becomes a more understandable 23, and the 29-year-old Pippin becomes a
      kid of 20.

      By the way, the best web site for checking out movie and tv credits
      is www.imdb.com. I visit it almost every time I've just seen a film,
      to find out if and where I've seen its actors before. Sometimes the
      answers surprise me.

      David Bratman
    • Daffyd ap Morgen
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 1999
        At 02:41 AM 9/10/1999 GMT, you wrote:

        >By the way, the best web site for checking out movie and tv credits
        >is www.imdb.com. I visit it almost every time I've just seen a film,
        >to find out if and where I've seen its actors before. Sometimes the
        >answers surprise me.

        Greetings;

        Daffyd ap Morgen here; just joined the list.

        Another good web site is Ain't It Cool News
        http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/

        The person running the site is a friend of Peter Jackson. PJ will
        occsionally answer fan questions at this site and confirm or dispell rumors
        about the LotR movie.

        Daffyd ap Morgen
      • Diane Baker
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 1999
          Daffyd ap Morgen wrote:

          > From: Daffyd ap Morgen <daffyd@...>
          >
          > At 02:41 AM 9/10/1999 GMT, you wrote:
          >
          > >By the way, the best web site for checking out movie and tv credits
          > >is www.imdb.com. I visit it almost every time I've just seen a film,
          > >to find out if and where I've seen its actors before. Sometimes the
          > >answers surprise me.
          >
          > Greetings;
          >
          > Daffyd ap Morgen here; just joined the list.
          >

          > Daffyd ap Morgen

          Welcome to the list! ---djb.
        • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 1999
            Almost forgot to post this, and it's late now, but they're repeating for
            Pacific, I think: If you get Sci-Fi channel, there's a couple of movies on
            tonight with Rhys-Davies, who's slated to be Gimli.

            Mary S