Re: [mythsoc] Re: Williams essay

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2002
      At 08:35 AM 9/7/2002 , Anne wrote:
      >Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Charles Williams review of
      >Smart's _Jubilate Agno_? I have the feeling it was published in a collection
      >somewhere, or maybe on a website....

      On a hasty overview, I couldn't find any reference to this in Lois Glenn's
      bibliography of CW. (Her index unfortunately does not cover Williams's own
      writings, and I might have just overlooked it.) What's your source for
      information on its existence?

      David Bratman
    • jamcconney@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2002
        In a message dated 9/9/2002 4:00:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
        dbratman@... writes:

        > What's your source for
        > information on its existence?

        I'm sad to say that my source was that I read it--some years ago. Not knowing
        I would someday want to cite it, I didn't keep a copy, or even any
        bibliographic info.

        Live and learn. Never throw anything out. My grandmother would have agreed.

        Anne

      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2002
          Anne -

          Do you think the Smart review/essay might have been part of one of
          Williams's books? (I mean a section in a purpose-written book, not a
          collected essay.) If so, it might be possible to check further.

          I could post your query on Coinherence, the Williams list, if you're not a
          member. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

          - David Bratman
        • jamcconney@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2002
            In a message dated 9/9/2002 5:08:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
            dbratman@... writes:

            > I could post your query on Coinherence, the Williams list, if you're not a
            > member. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

            I'd appreciate that very much. I'd also love to be on the Coinherence list
            myself, if it's open to all.

            Anne

          • David S. Bratman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2002
              Anne, if you just want to join the Coinherence list and post your question,
              it's on Yahoo Groups just like this one is. If you can sign in your
              account at groups.yahoo.com, you can join Coinherence from there.

              - David Bratman