Call For Papers: libraries, museums, archives

  • Janet Croft
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      This is off our normal subject area, but since several of us are
      librarians (and all of us are readers and probably library users!), I
      hope you all won't mind if I post this here.

      Janet

      Call for Papers
      Libraries, Archives, Museums and Popular Culture Area
      of
      Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Assn.
      &
      Southwest/Texas American Culture Assn.

      24th Annual Conference
      Albuquerque Hilton Hotel& Fairfield Inn by Marriott
      Albuquerque, New Mexico

      February 12-15, 2003

      For more details, visit the Association's web site at
      http://www.swtexaspca.org/

      The Libraries, Archives, Museums and Popular Culture area solicits paper
      proposals from librarians, graduate students, library school faculty,
      collectors, writers, and other aficionados (yes! including people who
      use libraries, archives, and museums!) of popular culture and
      information settings of all types!
      Also welcome are proposals for slide shows, video presentations,
      workshop formats, and panels organized around common themes.
      Among last year's presentations were a culture study of a small public
      library, an overview of collection development for feminist
      spirituality, and consideration of Gone with the Wind as an information
      product.

      Suggested topics:
      discussion of intellectual freedom issues related to popular culture
      resources
      profiles of popular culture collections
      book clubs and reading groups
      reports of research studies of popular culture & libraries, archives, or
      museums
      marketing popular culture materials to library, archives, or museum
      users
      collection building and popular culture resources
      organization and description of popular culture resources
      new media formats and popular culture in libraries, archives, or museums
      and other topics welcome!!!

      Send a 200-word abstract to the Area Co-Chairs by December 1, 2002.
      Also include your complete mailing address, school or other affiliation,
      e-mail address, telephone number, and fax number.

      Rhonda Harris Taylor
      School of Library and Information Studies
      401 West Brooks, Room 120
      University of Oklahoma
      Norman, OK 73019-6032
      PHONE (405) 325-3921