CFP: ICFA Various Panels and Paper Sessions

  • Barbara Lucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 4:59 PM
      I have a series of calls for individual paper submissions and panel
      participants for the 24th International Conference on the Fantastic in the
      Arts. The conference will be held from March 19-23, 2003 at the Fort
      Lauderdale Airport Hilton. The Guest of Honor is Canadian fantasist Charles
      de Lint; the Guest scholar is S. T. Joshi; and the Speacial Guest Writer is
      Ramsey Campbell. For more information and conference updates, you can visit
      www.iafa.org.

      Rather than make a series of posts to the list, I�m sending a single message
      containing a very brief description of the panels and paper sessions
      soliciting participants.

      Fandom and Academia Panel
      On the interaction and conflict between the roles of fan and academic.

      Gaming and Fantasy Panel and Paper Sessions
      On the impact that fantasy gaming has on literature being produced in the
      genre.

      Pedagogy Workshop
      Participants will provide and discuss rationale behind syllabi for teaching
      course in fantasy, horror, and science fiction.

      Speed Panel
      On why, when original films/series based on SF themes are succeeding, we are
      also producing remakes of SF from the 60�s and 70�s.

      Slash and Fan Fiction Panel and Paper Session
      On any aspects of fan fiction and slash fiction including tensions between
      divisions (slash, het, gen) and genres (AU, BDSM, etc.), .the role of the
      Internet and �zines, interactions between writers and their controlling
      narrative.

      International Fantastic
      On all topics related to international or comparative fantastic/science
      fiction/horror literature.

      Tolkien/Jackson Film Panel
      On the adaptation from book to film, the fandom of book and film.

      People who are interested in receiving the entire call for any of these can
      e-mail me off list. Please feel free to forward this call to other
      listservs and individuals who might be interested!

      Barbara Lucas