Re: [mythsoc] Re: Carl on theory

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      Well, all I have to say on this matter is that you =all= need to read Prof.
      Frederick Crews' small but magisterial book, THE POOH PERPLEX, if you
      haven't. :D

      And he has done a sort of sequel to cover some of the newer theories; an
      Amazon search ought to bring it up.

      I might also however add, regarding theory, this quote which came through on
      WINGFOLD, the Geo MacDonald list:

      "If I knew of a theory in which was never an uncompleted arch or turret, in
      whose circling wall was never a ragged breach, that theory I should know but
      to avoid: such gaps are the eternal windows through which the dawn shall look

      in. A complete theory is a vault of stone around the theorist --- whose very

      being yet depends on room to grow."

      Mr. Graham the schoolteacher in "Malcolm"
      by George MacDonald

      Diamond Proudbrook