Re: RYS-DAVIES, BLOOM JOIN RINGS FELLOWSHIP

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
      Joan Marie Verba wrote:

      > All of the major "Fellowship" roles have now
      > been cast for Rings, except for the pivotal part
      > of Boromir.

      Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of mine recently suggested
      the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy Irons, a suggestion :*I*
      like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually doing it.

      MK
    • Georgia Dailey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 1999
        > Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of mine recently suggested
        > the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy Irons, a suggestion :*I*
        > like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually doing it.

        Some Irish guy named Stuart Townsend, I have never heard of him but he
        is supposed to be a good actor. Some people feel that he is too young to
        play Aragorn, others urge us to trust the make-up artists. If you want some
        information and pictures you can look here:
        http://theonering.net/movie/cast/townsend.html
        I don't know a whole lot of what is going on but as no one else seemed to be
        answering I thought I would, I hope I helped,

        Georgia
      • Maria Bouzani
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 1999
          --- Georgia Dailey <daileygf@...> wrote:
          > From: "Georgia Dailey" <daileygf@...>
          >

          > > Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of
          > mine recently suggested
          > > the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy
          > Irons, a suggestion :*I*
          > > like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually
          > doing it.
          >

          > Some Irish guy named Stuart Townsend, I have
          > never heard of him but he
          > is supposed to be a good actor. Some people feel
          > that he is too young to
          > play Aragorn, others urge us to trust the make-up
          > artists. If you want some
          > information and pictures you can look here:
          > http://theonering.net/movie/cast/townsend.html
          > I don't know a whole lot of what is going on but as
          > no one else seemed to be
          > answering I thought I would, I hope I helped,
          >
          > Georgia

          Hello there!I'm Maria and new to the list and I
          should introduce myself,but I'd just like to say sth
          about Stuart Townsend and the rest of the cast
          first.I've seen him in "Shooting Fish" (a British
          film,one of my favourite for 1997)and he was really
          great!I don't know how they're going to manage the
          make-up(he IS too young for Aragorn) but I trust they
          know what they're doing(?).I think he'll be
          alright,though.
          Sean Austin as Sam is a VERY good choice,I think and
          so are Ian Holm,Ian McKellan and Sean Bean.Dominic
          Monaghan seems like a good choice,too but I think he'd
          also be a great Pippin,don't you think?As for Liv
          Tyler,well, she's so bloomin' beautiful that she'd be
          good for almost anything!
          Anyway,I'm looking forward to the film,even though
          I'm partially afraid it might spoil the magic a bit!
          OK,that's it from me,my little contribution to the
          list!Oh,btw,I'm 25,live in Thessaloniki,Greece and
          study English Language and Literature in the
          Aristotelian university of Thessaloniki.The Lord Of
          The Rings was my first fantasy book ever(read it when
          I was 16) and I guess I owe my passion for fantasy to
          Tolkien.Nice to meet you,all!
          Maria

          ===
          "...When dreams don't become their people
          People become their dreams..."
          LOVE AND MONEY,"Hallelujia Man"