RYS-DAVIES, BLOOM JOIN RINGS FELLOWSHIP

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8 6:50 AM
      ----- Forwarded message begins here -----

      RYS-DAVIES, BLOOM JOIN RINGS FELLOWSHIP

      Ain't It Cool News is reporting that former
      Sliders star John Rhys-Davies has been cast as
      Gimli in Peter Jackson's upcoming Lord of the
      Rings film trilogy. Also, the relatively unknown
      actor Orlando Bloom has been signed to play
      the role of Legolas, despite previous rumors
      that Jude Law would land that part.

      All of the major "Fellowship" roles have now
      been cast for Rings, except for the pivotal part
      of Boromir.

      ------ Forwarded message ends here ------

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
    • Mary Kay Kare
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8 11:47 AM
        Joan Marie Verba wrote:

        > All of the major "Fellowship" roles have now
        > been cast for Rings, except for the pivotal part
        > of Boromir.

        Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of mine recently suggested
        the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy Irons, a suggestion :*I*
        like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually doing it.

        MK
      • Georgia Dailey
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9 5:06 PM
          > Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of mine recently suggested
          > the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy Irons, a suggestion :*I*
          > like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually doing it.

          Some Irish guy named Stuart Townsend, I have never heard of him but he
          is supposed to be a good actor. Some people feel that he is too young to
          play Aragorn, others urge us to trust the make-up artists. If you want some
          information and pictures you can look here:
          http://theonering.net/movie/cast/townsend.html
          I don't know a whole lot of what is going on but as no one else seemed to be
          answering I thought I would, I hope I helped,

          Georgia
        • Maria Bouzani
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15 6:29 AM
            --- Georgia Dailey <daileygf@...> wrote:
            > From: "Georgia Dailey" <daileygf@...>
            >

            > > Remind us again who's doing Aragorn? A friend of
            > mine recently suggested
            > > the perfect person for the part would be Jeremy
            > Irons, a suggestion :*I*
            > > like a lot, but I can't remember who is actually
            > doing it.
            >

            > Some Irish guy named Stuart Townsend, I have
            > never heard of him but he
            > is supposed to be a good actor. Some people feel
            > that he is too young to
            > play Aragorn, others urge us to trust the make-up
            > artists. If you want some
            > information and pictures you can look here:
            > http://theonering.net/movie/cast/townsend.html
            > I don't know a whole lot of what is going on but as
            > no one else seemed to be
            > answering I thought I would, I hope I helped,
            >
            > Georgia

            Hello there!I'm Maria and new to the list and I
            should introduce myself,but I'd just like to say sth
            about Stuart Townsend and the rest of the cast
            first.I've seen him in "Shooting Fish" (a British
            film,one of my favourite for 1997)and he was really
            great!I don't know how they're going to manage the
            make-up(he IS too young for Aragorn) but I trust they
            know what they're doing(?).I think he'll be
            alright,though.
            Sean Austin as Sam is a VERY good choice,I think and
            so are Ian Holm,Ian McKellan and Sean Bean.Dominic
            Monaghan seems like a good choice,too but I think he'd
            also be a great Pippin,don't you think?As for Liv
            Tyler,well, she's so bloomin' beautiful that she'd be
            good for almost anything!
            Anyway,I'm looking forward to the film,even though
            I'm partially afraid it might spoil the magic a bit!
            OK,that's it from me,my little contribution to the
            list!Oh,btw,I'm 25,live in Thessaloniki,Greece and
            study English Language and Literature in the
            Aristotelian university of Thessaloniki.The Lord Of
            The Rings was my first fantasy book ever(read it when
            I was 16) and I guess I owe my passion for fantasy to
            Tolkien.Nice to meet you,all!
            Maria

            ===
            "...When dreams don't become their people
            People become their dreams..."
            LOVE AND MONEY,"Hallelujia Man"