Derb on Turkish Delight & Narnia

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      "If you have read the books, you will know that in Volume Two, the White
      Witch seduces young Edmund into her service by feeding him Turkish Delight.
      When we reached that part, the kids naturally wanted to know what Turkish
      Delight was. I told them it is a delicious type of candy found only in
      England (and presumably Turkey). This excited their curiosity. Undeterred by
      the example of the wretched Edmund, they wanted to try some."

      -- more at <A HREF="http://www.nationalreview.com/derbyshire/derbyshire083002.asp">John Derbyshire August Diary </A>

    • MsBHaven76
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9 1:53 PM
        --- In mythsoc@y..., Stolzi@a... wrote:
        > "If you have read the books, you will know that in Volume Two, the
        White
        > Witch seduces young Edmund into her service by feeding him Turkish
        Delight.
        > When we reached that part, the kids naturally wanted to know what
        Turkish
        > Delight was. I told them it is a delicious type of candy found only
        in
        > England (and presumably Turkey). This excited their curiosity.
        Undeterred by
        > the example of the wretched Edmund, they wanted to try some."

        Oooh! In fifth grade we had to read TL, TW, & TW and our teacher let
        us make Turkish Delight so we'd know what it taste like. Gosh, that
        stuff was very sweet. Turkish Delight fits Edmund though. Sweet but
        not really filling. Make sense?