Re: Williams essay

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2002
      Does anyone know where I could locate the Charles Williams' review/essay on
      Christopher Smart's *Jubilate Agno* ?

      Thanks!
      Anne
    • jamcconney@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7 8:35 AM
        Hi folks!
        Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Charles Williams review of
        Smart's _Jubilate Agno_? I have the feeling it was published in a collection
        somewhere, or maybe on a website....
        Anne
      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9 1:59 PM
          At 08:35 AM 9/7/2002 , Anne wrote:
          >Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Charles Williams review of
          >Smart's _Jubilate Agno_? I have the feeling it was published in a collection
          >somewhere, or maybe on a website....

          On a hasty overview, I couldn't find any reference to this in Lois Glenn's
          bibliography of CW. (Her index unfortunately does not cover Williams's own
          writings, and I might have just overlooked it.) What's your source for
          information on its existence?

          David Bratman
        • jamcconney@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9 2:49 PM
            In a message dated 9/9/2002 4:00:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
            dbratman@... writes:

            > What's your source for
            > information on its existence?

            I'm sad to say that my source was that I read it--some years ago. Not knowing
            I would someday want to cite it, I didn't keep a copy, or even any
            bibliographic info.

            Live and learn. Never throw anything out. My grandmother would have agreed.

            Anne

          • David S. Bratman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9 3:08 PM
              Anne -

              Do you think the Smart review/essay might have been part of one of
              Williams's books? (I mean a section in a purpose-written book, not a
              collected essay.) If so, it might be possible to check further.

              I could post your query on Coinherence, the Williams list, if you're not a
              member. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

              - David Bratman
            • jamcconney@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9 8:09 PM
                In a message dated 9/9/2002 5:08:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
                dbratman@... writes:

                > I could post your query on Coinherence, the Williams list, if you're not a
                > member. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

                I'd appreciate that very much. I'd also love to be on the Coinherence list
                myself, if it's open to all.

                Anne

              • David S. Bratman
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 9 11:27 PM
                  Anne, if you just want to join the Coinherence list and post your question,
                  it's on Yahoo Groups just like this one is. If you can sign in your
                  account at groups.yahoo.com, you can join Coinherence from there.

                  - David Bratman