Re: ConJose, anyone?

  • paulinejalama
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
      I'm so glad there will be a Mythcon gathering -- I can finally meet
      some of you in person!

      My panels, unfortunately, are not specifically mythopoeic, although
      fans of historical fantasy on the list may be interested in "Mining
      History for Fun and Profit" on Thursday at 5:30 (with MFA finalist
      Tim Powers, among others) or "Historical Accuracy" on Sunday at 2:30.
      I will also be signing EYE OF NIGHT on Sat. at 1:00 and discussing
      romantic SF/F on Sunday at 1:00.

      Pauline J. Alama
      THE EYE OF NIGHT
      Bantam Spectra 2002

      > At 05:43 AM 8/16/2002 , Pauline wrote:
      > > I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on
      this list at
      > >the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day
      Weekend.

      > Indeed I will, as will Berni Phillips (my wife), Ellie Farrell, Lisa
      > Harrigan, and others.
      >
      > A public-release of the programming schedule for the Worldcon has
      at last
      > appeared, at http://www.conjose.org/Program/index.html
      >
      > There you will find a number of interesting panels, including these
      on
      > Tolkien alone: "Tolkien and the 21st Century", "Sound & Spirit:
      Lord of the
      > Rings Sneak Preview", "Tolkien vs. Peake", and "Tolkien as an
      Iceberg".

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
        Hey, I see Brenda Clough plans to be there!

        <A HREF="http://www.sff.net/people/Brenda/">Brenda W. Clough</A>

        I just got her reg check for Mythcon 34 - chat her up real nice, all you
        Mythies who will be at ConJose.

        David, I know she wants to be on panels.

        Diamond Proudbrook