ConJose (Worldcon)

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2002
      Pauline Alama asked who on the list is going to be at Worldcon ....
      As David already noted, I'll be there. He and I are scheduled to host
      (I guess that's the right word) a Mythopoeic Society SIG (special
      interest group) on Friday. Here's the write up:

      Friday 2:30pm SIG: The Mythopoeic Society (1.5 hrs)
      David Bratman (dbratman@...)
      Eleanor M. Farrell (emfarrell@...)
      Join the members of the Mythopoeic Society discussing high fantasy,
      the Inklings, and classic fantasy.

      We'd love to see any Society members (or anyone interested in our
      activities) attend; we can make it a lit party!

      I'm also on two other related panels (as well as one on media costuming):

      Sunday 10:00am Judging Awards: Tiptree, Spectrum, Sturgeon,
      Mythopoeic, and Campbell (1.5 hrs)
      Juried award panels discuss how they choose their nominees, how they
      decide their winners, and how these awards affect their winners.

      Sunday 2:30pm Book to Movie and Back Again (1.5 hrs)
      Harry Potter and LOTR were made into movies. Attack of the Clones
      became a book. Which translation works better? Is this intrinsic to
      the type of translation? What, for instance, would the novelization
      of LOTR look like?

      This last one could be .... interesting. I have no idea why I was put
      on it (but will leave my comments for the panel!).

      Finally, as Lisa pointed out, we'll have a Mythopoeic Society fan
      table at the con. Hope to see many of you at ConJose!

      Ellie