Re: [mythsoc] ConJose, anyone?

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
      At 05:43 AM 8/16/2002 , Pauline wrote:
      > I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on this list at
      >the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day Weekend.

      Indeed I will, as will Berni Phillips (my wife), Ellie Farrell, Lisa
      Harrigan, and others.

      A public-release of the programming schedule for the Worldcon has at last
      appeared, at http://www.conjose.org/Program/index.html

      There you will find a number of interesting panels, including these on
      Tolkien alone: "Tolkien and the 21st Century", "Sound & Spirit: Lord of the
      Rings Sneak Preview", "Tolkien vs. Peake", and "Tolkien as an Iceberg".
      And don't miss the Mythopoeic Society meeting & discussion, Friday at 2:30 PM.

      David Bratman
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
        Not to mention there will be a MythSoc table in the Fan Table area.

        I'm in two costuming panels - A Masquerade one at 4 pm on Friday and a Lord of the
        Rings Costuming Panel at 4 pm on Saturday.

        See you at the con!
        Mythically yours,
        Lisa

        > A public-release of the programming schedule for the Worldcon has at last
        > appeared, at http://www.conjose.org/Program/index.html
        >
        > There you will find a number of interesting panels, including these on
        > Tolkien alone: "Tolkien and the 21st Century", "Sound & Spirit: Lord of the
        > Rings Sneak Preview", "Tolkien vs. Peake", and "Tolkien as an Iceberg".
        > And don't miss the Mythopoeic Society meeting & discussion, Friday at 2:30 PM.
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
          From: "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@...>

          > I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on this list
          at the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day Weekend.

          Ja, you betcha! We Bratpeople will be there. I see Ms. Farrell's name on
          the program. Mike and Diana Glyer, who aren't on this list but who are
          Mythopoeic Society members, will be there, as will their little baby Sierra
          Grace Tinuviel Joanna Rose Glyer. (Look for the Glyers to be wearing shirts
          that say "Sierra Madre" and "Sierra Padre.") And the Reynoldses, Pat and
          Trevor, from England are coming out again for it. They were just in
          Colorado for Mythcon, flew home, and are coming back.

          Berni Phillips Bratman
        • paulinejalama
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
            I'm so glad there will be a Mythcon gathering -- I can finally meet
            some of you in person!

            My panels, unfortunately, are not specifically mythopoeic, although
            fans of historical fantasy on the list may be interested in "Mining
            History for Fun and Profit" on Thursday at 5:30 (with MFA finalist
            Tim Powers, among others) or "Historical Accuracy" on Sunday at 2:30.
            I will also be signing EYE OF NIGHT on Sat. at 1:00 and discussing
            romantic SF/F on Sunday at 1:00.

            Pauline J. Alama
            THE EYE OF NIGHT
            Bantam Spectra 2002

          • Stolzi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
              Hey, I see Brenda Clough plans to be there!

              <A HREF="http://www.sff.net/people/Brenda/">Brenda W. Clough</A>

              I just got her reg check for Mythcon 34 - chat her up real nice, all you
              Mythies who will be at ConJose.

              David, I know she wants to be on panels.

              Diamond Proudbrook