Re: [mythsoc] George McDonald

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
      On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 03:45:08PM +1000, Tim Harrison wrote:
      > > Welcome, Tim! We're glad to have you here.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > > I'm definitely a MacDonald fan. Don't miss his fairy tales: The Princess
      > > and Curdie, The Princess and the Goblin, The Light Princess, and his
      > > children's novel, At the Back of the North Wind.
      >
      > I think I may have read the 'Princess' ones. Also the Wise Woman (?) It's
      > been a while, and they didn't seem to leave the same impression as Lilith
      > and Phantastes.
      >
      > Tim.

      If you like Phantastes and Lilith, you should try The Golden Key, too. It's
      more similar in flavor to the above two than to the Curdie books, in my
      opinion.
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
        I am simply longing for a MacDonald paper or two at our next summer's
        Mythcon, because of his wonderful Wise Women.

        <A HREF="http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon34.html">Mythcon 34</A>

        Diamond Proudbrook