ConJose, anyone?

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
      I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on this list at the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day Weekend.

      Pauline

      Pauline J. Alama
      http://www.geocities.com/paulinejalama/paulinealama.html
      THE EYE OF NIGHT
      (Bantam Spectra, July 2002)

    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
        At 05:43 AM 8/16/2002 , Pauline wrote:
        > I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on this list at
        >the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day Weekend.

        Indeed I will, as will Berni Phillips (my wife), Ellie Farrell, Lisa
        Harrigan, and others.

        A public-release of the programming schedule for the Worldcon has at last
        appeared, at http://www.conjose.org/Program/index.html

        There you will find a number of interesting panels, including these on
        Tolkien alone: "Tolkien and the 21st Century", "Sound & Spirit: Lord of the
        Rings Sneak Preview", "Tolkien vs. Peake", and "Tolkien as an Iceberg".
        And don't miss the Mythopoeic Society meeting & discussion, Friday at 2:30 PM.

        David Bratman
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
          Not to mention there will be a MythSoc table in the Fan Table area.

          I'm in two costuming panels - A Masquerade one at 4 pm on Friday and a Lord of the
          Rings Costuming Panel at 4 pm on Saturday.

          See you at the con!
          Mythically yours,
          Lisa

          > A public-release of the programming schedule for the Worldcon has at last
          > appeared, at http://www.conjose.org/Program/index.html
          >
          > There you will find a number of interesting panels, including these on
          > Tolkien alone: "Tolkien and the 21st Century", "Sound & Spirit: Lord of the
          > Rings Sneak Preview", "Tolkien vs. Peake", and "Tolkien as an Iceberg".
          > And don't miss the Mythopoeic Society meeting & discussion, Friday at 2:30 PM.
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
            From: "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@...>

            > I am interested to know if I can expect to see other people on this list
            at the World Science Fiction Convention at San Jose on Labor Day Weekend.

            Ja, you betcha! We Bratpeople will be there. I see Ms. Farrell's name on
            the program. Mike and Diana Glyer, who aren't on this list but who are
            Mythopoeic Society members, will be there, as will their little baby Sierra
            Grace Tinuviel Joanna Rose Glyer. (Look for the Glyers to be wearing shirts
            that say "Sierra Madre" and "Sierra Padre.") And the Reynoldses, Pat and
            Trevor, from England are coming out again for it. They were just in
            Colorado for Mythcon, flew home, and are coming back.

            Berni Phillips Bratman
          • paulinejalama
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
              I'm so glad there will be a Mythcon gathering -- I can finally meet
              some of you in person!

              My panels, unfortunately, are not specifically mythopoeic, although
              fans of historical fantasy on the list may be interested in "Mining
              History for Fun and Profit" on Thursday at 5:30 (with MFA finalist
              Tim Powers, among others) or "Historical Accuracy" on Sunday at 2:30.
              I will also be signing EYE OF NIGHT on Sat. at 1:00 and discussing
              romantic SF/F on Sunday at 1:00.

              Pauline J. Alama
              THE EYE OF NIGHT
              Bantam Spectra 2002

            • Stolzi@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2002
                Hey, I see Brenda Clough plans to be there!

                <A HREF="http://www.sff.net/people/Brenda/">Brenda W. Clough</A>

                I just got her reg check for Mythcon 34 - chat her up real nice, all you
                Mythies who will be at ConJose.

                David, I know she wants to be on panels.

                Diamond Proudbrook